Our commercial practice advises and facilitates our client’s commercial activities in a wide range of industries. Our firm prides itself for ingenuity, creativity and bespoke legal drafting benefiting our clients with a valuable combination of sector specific insight and knowledge.
The members of the firm’s commercial department provide efficient and effective solutions on both simple and complex matters while they always address sector specific particularities, understanding the industry and the day-to-day issues faced by our clients.
Indicatively, we advise clients on day-to-day commercial matters including:
- sale and purchase of immovable property & movable assets;
- consultancy agreements;
- provision of Services agreements;
- assignment and Novation agreements;
- agency, distribution and project promotion agreements;
- amendment and Restatement of agreements;
- general commercial and contract law issues; and
- procurement and public tender offers.
Corporate transactions form the core of the modern commercial world and structuring of transactions with a firm and efficient corporate basis is crucial in achieving a successful project outcome.
Corporate law is one of the firm’s core practice areas. Our firm’s lawyers possess the skills, knowledge, expertise and transactional experience to assist our clients in the entire process of corporate structuring, from startups to conglomerates, operating in any industry.
We provide concise and trusted advice specific to the client’s needs and envisaged project outcome and can assist in areas such as:
- corporate structuring of transactions, customized to the clients’ needs and objectives to achieve the optimal structure for each individual case;
- advising on and implementing the most suitable corporate governance structure for each type of company and business;
- advising and providing holistic support with the implementation of all types of corporate resolutions and decisions;
- advice with regards to the duties and responsibilities of directors and other officers in Cyprus companies;
- assistance with pre-formation structuring, with regards to joint ventures, drafting of shareholder agreements and customized constitutional documents;
- formation, dissolution and re-instatement (where possible) of all types of legal entities formed under Cyprus Law;
- advice and support with the sale and purchase of shares in Cyprus companies (Acquisitions);
- advice and support with all types of mergers and acquisitions with regards to both domestic and cross-border mergers, takeovers, demergers and disposals, corporate reorganisations and restructurings;
- advice and support with public and private offerings of securities and securities law compliance;
- advice and support with management buy-outs and earn-outs and setting up of benefit schemes for management and employees;
- advice and support with the re-domiciliation (transfer of legal seat) of companies in and out of Cyprus (within the EU and non-EU Jurisdictions);
- performance of full scope corporate and commercial legal due diligence;
- setting up of structures including incorporation of all types of legal entities, setting up of partnerships and formation of trusts;
- conversions of companies from private to public and vice versa; and
- advice and support with regards to all corporate actions of the company, providing innovative solutions on capital restructurings (increase and decrease of capital), conversions, differentiation of capital structure and convening and holding meetings.