As the regulatory supervision and control over the financial services, investment funds and capital markets sectors becomes more rigid, our firm is fully equipped to assist its clients with analytical and practical guidance in relation to their legal obligations stemming from rapid changes in the regulatory landscape.
The members of our firm have in-depth practical and technical knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework governing the provision of investment services and investment advice.
Our firm regularly advises banks, credit and financial institutions, investment firms, collective investment vehicles, corporations and high net worth individuals from EU and third countries and provides assistance in navigating through the increasingly complex Cypriot, Greek and EU legal and regulatory framework governing the financial services sector.
Our firm is able to respond to the needs and queries of our clients swiftly and provide assistance for securing compliance with:
- the latest Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) and Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR);
- obligations arising from the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) and the Central Securities Depositories Regulation (CSDR);
- legal framework on listed equity and debt securities under the Prospectus, Public Offer, Takeover Bids Law and the Market Abuse Law; and
- compliance with issued directives and circulars of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
We advise asset managers, custodians/depositaries, fund administrators and investors on a wide spectrum of fund operations. Indicatively, we have assisted and advised clients on:
- set-up, registration and fund structuring options;
- drafting of tailor-made memoranda and articles of association, information memoranda; prospectuses and other offering documents;
- obtaining the requisite regulatory licence from CySEC, dealing with all stages of the process, from preparing and filing the application up to the granting of the regulatory approval;
- selection of the parties involved in a fund structure or collective investment entity and the outsourcing of operational requirements, including administration, management, depositary, compliance and audit services though our extensive network;
- drafting of industry specific agreements such as subscription agreements, portfolio management agreements, fund administration agreements, delegation agreements, marketing agreements;
- compliance on all regulatory issues in connection with the provision of financial services activities such as licensing, reporting, passporting, marketing and all other issues;
- ongoing legal and regulatory advice; and
- capital Raising Transactions.
Please refer to our brochure for an in-depth analysis on the types and forms of investment funds available in Cyprus.
The capital markets practice of the firm can assist from equity and debt issues to derivatives and structured finance.
We advise on equity, debt, regulatory capital and equity linked bond issues, structured finance and securitisation transactions.